Friday, September 25, 2009

Lions are the Trendy - Yet Moronic - Pick to Beat the Skins this Weekend

I love all things NFL... I love the NFL Network, I love the NFL radio network on Sirius, I love listening to 106.7 the Fan and ESPN 980, and I love reading/hearing/seeing the talking heads picks for the weekend. This weekend, however, I have to wonder if the self-professed professionals have lost their minds.

Whether its Peter King or Mike Florio or Mike Golic, there is a flurry of talking heads who are picking the hapless Lions to beat the Redskins this weekend. I understand the disappointment in the Skins play against the Rams last weekend. I understand the frustration at the team's lack of ability to score. But get real folks, we are talking about the 0-19 Detroit Lions. The Detroit Lions who have no more talent than they did last year. If anything, compliments of a rookie QB and the mid-season trade of Roy Williams to the Cowboys, the Lions have even LESS talent than the squad that couldn't win a single game last year.
Yes, the Lions will win at some point - but its not going to be this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Apparently the professionals have not lost their minds.

7:21 PM  
Blogger None said...

Cough cough ahem ahem.

8:49 PM  
Blogger ChrisBarronDC said...

I am reminded of a quote from Fletch Lives... "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and I sir am not a big man"

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home