Sunday, September 13, 2009

Call Me Crazy

Maybe I am a little nuts, maybe I am overly optimistic, maybe I am caught up in the glow of opening day - whatever it is, I feel good about how the Skins match up today against the Giants.

I know that a lot of Skins fans are down-trodden and a lot of folks don't give us a shot against the G-Men in the Meadowlands today. I think we can pull it off. Here's why:

1. Eli Manning is no Peyton Manning. Heck he isn't even Tony Romo. Eli Manning can look good, he can also look AWFUL. Couple this with the fact that the Giants have no #1 receiver right now and I feel pretty good that the Giants wont be able to exploit our only defensive weakness (the secondary).

2. Our D Line. We are strong on defense exactly where we need to be to shut down the Giants - on the defensive line. Lets see Brandon Jacobs run over Albert Haynsworth - it aint happening.

3. Our WR corps. I know I have been a cheerleader for our WR corps all pre-season and today I am confident that they are going to shine. Malcolm Kelly will line up as the #2 receiver. I predict Kelly will have a huge day. Kelly at the #2 spot takes pressure off Santana Moss and allows Zorn to use Randle El in the slot. If the Giants D has to worry about the Skins receivers they wont be able to stack 8 men in the box, which should give Clinton Portis an opportunity to run wild.

I am not guaranteeing that the Skins will win today. The Giants are a good team, playing at home and are rightfully a 6.5 point favorite. I am hopeful, however, that the Skins can pull off an upset and start the season on a very high note.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

You are crazy!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home