Monday, August 31, 2009

Is Marko Mitchell a "Lock" to Make the 53 Man Roster?

Jason Reid, of the Washington Post's Redskins Insider, says Mitchell is a lock. Reid says,

"The rookie opened eyes in training camp and has been the star of the preseason."

Reid is right - Mitchell should make the roster and has been the star of this preseason for the Skins. As I have said before, I think our wide receiving corps could be a huge asset for the Skins offense this year. I believe that Devin Thomas will eventually push Randle El for the #2 receiver. Malcolm Kelly and Marko Mitchell give Campbell two big targets to throw to, particularly in red zone situations. The emergence of Thomas, Kelly and Mitchell will allow us to use Randle El as more of a gadget receiver (albeit a wildly over-paid, over-hyped gadget receiver).

Will WRs Thomas/Kelly/Mitchell make me start respecting Vinny Cerrato and the Redskins brain trust? Will it calm the draft day naysayers who say the Skins havent a clue what they are doing? Will they make Campbell look like an all pro QB? Hmmm, I don't know. But I do know one thing, winning is the magic elixir that cures all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home