Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Burgundy Revolution


The people are angry. Dan Steinberg at the Washington Post has done a great job of blogging on the uprising of Redskins fans against the front office and Dan Snyder, what Steinberg has dubbed the Burgundy Revolution. The picture to the right is of Shannon Sharpe pretending to be a Redskin fan and thus wearing a paper bag while Bill Cowher laughs. Notably, Bill Cowher is one of the potential head coaches that Snyder wants to lure to DC. Read the sign and what Cowher is laughing at. I guess he won't be taking the Skins head coaching job any time soon.

Another potential head coach on the short list (as opposed to the Redskins' "longest-in-the-NFL" season ticket wait list) is Mike Holmgren. I guess that what happen either as Holmgren went on record trashing Danny:
Perhaps Mike Holmgren might not want to coach the Redskins after all.

He sure didn't sound like a guy trying to impress owner Daniel Snyder when he blasted Washington management Monday for its treatment of Coach Jim Zorn, one of Holmgren's former assistants, during an interview with a Chicago radio station....

"The position they put Jim in, it shouldn't happen. You can be upset with me as a play-caller or how the team's going, [then] fire me. But don't do that. Don't pull the rug out from under me, tie my hands, make me look foolish . . . take away what I came there to do in the first place. Don't do that."
For a full accounting of how the demise of the Redskins has become a national sports story check out this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home